The Skin Like Butter Lounge
Welcome to my new home May 28, 2014 20:53
Thanks for stopping in.
I'm so excited that you're here. If you just happened to stumble upon this blog my name is Alexandria, and I'm the owner of Skin Like Butter Bath and Body. If you are a happy Skin Like Butter user welcome to our new home. Am I leaving Etsy? No way. Love Etsy, are you kidding?! Etsy is great, and I don't plan on leaving ever. However, there are a few limitations on Etsy, that Shopify doesn't have. One of the most important ones is unlimited coupon codes. You'll see why that is important in a bit. On that note let me show you around.
There are a lot of choices out there. If you are an Etsy shopper, you may notice that a lot of your favorite stores have sister stores on Storenvy, Big Cartel, Art Fire, and more. So what made me choose Shopify?, It was gorgeous. I make lotion, not websites. So Shopify allowed me to do what I do best, make lotion, AND have a gorgeous website that I could make myself. So that is what got me excited, and passionate about building a new website. Etsy is gorgeous too, but you can't stretch out so to speak. It wasn't until I started building my store that I really saw what was under this Shopify hood so to speak, and wow did I make the right choice. Although, the themes are drool worthy, what was important to me was that you have exactly what you have on Etsy, and more. So here are the details
- Security- (WONK/Nerd Alert) It's level 1 PCI Compliant. Yeah, told ya. Okay what that means is the highest ranking. If you'd like to know more about how they get to this certification you can check out the PCI Compliance Board. I was curious about how Etsy ranked, and to be honest I'm not quite sure. I know it's PCI compliant, but I'm not sure of the level. I found that out here. But hey it Etsy, so I'm sure it's Fort Knox. It just seems like Shopify is Fort Knox with a security system.
- Shipping Confirmation- Like I said I make lotion, I'm not into logistics. But guess what, I ship lotion so yup, I am into logistics whether I like it or not. So having automatic delivery confirmation delivered to you is a must. It makes both of us rest easy don't you think.
- 24 hour phone support- This is my only complaint about Etsy is that there is no immediate phone support with the company. Here if there is a problem with the website or anything related I will have an answer in minutes, and it will be fixed, or on it's way to being fixed. And yes since I'm not a techie I do get lost in the woods sometimes, and need to call the rescue squad.
- This Blog- I always wanted a way for us to be able to share, and get to know each other. I have a company facebook page, but that is not quite what I had in mind. This is a place where I can not only tell you the fragrance of the week, but find out about you too. Like have something like customer of the week, or something like that.
- Oh and it's cool. I believe the founder of Shopify is the next Steve Jobs. In my humble opinion he has done for ecommerce, what Steve Jobs did for the cell phone. The coolest companies use Shopify. I would introduce you to him, but I can't find any video's that are short about him. But I'll let one of the stars of Shark Tanks tell why he partnered with Shopify.
So yeah, there is so much more but I don't want to bore you. Wait, that ship has sailed? Oh. Oops. Okay well I guess better get on with the next topic then.
Skinlikebutterbathandbody.com is the sister site to my Etsy store. The Etsy store is like meeting Skin Like Butter at a fun street fair, Skinlikebutterbathandbody.com is like coming to my store. I love Etsy, however the site has a few limitations especially when it comes to customer loyalty and rewards. Most important the coupon codes are unlimited unlike Etsy. This gives me the ability to offer more rewards, and implement my affiliate program. Below you will find the features available on the site.
- Automatic FREESHIPPING- You don't have to use a coupon code. If your order is $75 or more it will automatically give you FREE SHIPPING!
- No account necessary- Just shop. No signing in, no password to remember. BUT you can have an account if you'd like and you can
- Save your Wish lists
- Have easier and faster checkout
- Save what you've already bought
- Get automatic savings from loyalty points, no coupon code needed
- Reviews- the site is brand new, but you can leave a review, or read reviews for every product
- Phone Ordering and Support- sometimes it's just quicker to pick up the phone. Live phone ordering is accepted between the hours of 9am-3pm PST 562-409-4586 M-F. Evenings, weekends, and holidays you can leave a voice mail, and I will return the call the next business day.
- The Loyalty program- punch cards are great, but a loyalty program is even better. The new loyalty program works like this
- BRONZE level----5% off after $50 in purchases
- SILVER level------10% off after $200 in purchases
- GOLD level--------15% off after $500 in purchases
- PLATINUM--------20% off after $1500 in purchases
- Affiliate Program - Have you ever listened to the radio and the DJ offers you a discount if you use his or her name in an ad. Well I thought well why not offer something like that to everyone. So now you can tell your friends they can get 10% off every purchase when they use your coupon code. Unlike the Etsy promotion, they can use it with every purchase. Also, the coupon code is beneficial to them in two ways.
- They can get 10% off before they qualify for the SILVER level.
- They can layer their discounts once they accumulate enough loyalty points when they shop with their account. For example, if they have qualified for the BRONZE level they will be able to get 15% off their order because the website will automatically take 5% off, and they can use your coupon code.
- Every time they use your coupon code you get a 15% commission. For more information about the Affiliate program click here.
That's about it for now. I've got to get back to making yummy skin goodness. Thanks again for stopping in, and welcome to Skinlikebutterbathandbody.com