SUMMER TRAVEL PLANS? - ESSENTIAL TIPS TO PLAN FOR THE UNEXPECTED June 5, 2021 23:29
Summer Travel Plans? Great!!!!!
Here are a few tips to plan for the unexpected?
CARRY YOUR PURSE, AND HOLD YOUR PHONE
Chances are you probably already do that. However, when traveling alone it's very important not to put your phone in your purse. EVER? Why? Here are a few reasons
- If your purse gets snatched how are you going to call for help?
- what is more important your purse or your phone?
- How many phone numbers have you memorized?
- If you're traveling alone where is the nearest anything, particularly your hotel?
- How can you call an uber or lyft
- what's a pay phone?
That's just to name a few. It's habit and may make perfect sense to put your phone in your purse. And it does if you are home, in a familiar location, or traveling with friends and family. However, it can literally be a matter of life or death if you are traveling alone in an unfamiliar place without your phone. Hold it, and hold on tight!
HAVE A PHONE COVER THAT DOUBLES AS A WALLET
This is very close to the first tip. When you are traveling you are also going to need on you at all times your drivers license, passport, credit card, and most times (not as often now but it's good to have) a little cash. As mentioned above if you have your purse with no phone it's completely game over. However, if you have your phone with no wallet it's almost just as bad.
- You will be able to catch an Uber, buuut you'll have to sleep in it. You'd need your id, and credit card to check into your hotel.
- Your Instagram feed, as lovely as it is, is not an official form of ID, you need that to get back on the plane to try to get home to put your life back together
- No passport? No bueno!
- You do have a little bit of cash to buy your self a much needed drink at this point..oh wait you'd need an ID for that.
Now remember I did say doubles as a wallet and not a purse. Make sure this wallet isn't a cross body wallet with a strap. Nope not good. You want to make sure you are holding it, not carrying it.
MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR TOILETRIES AND SUCH IN YOUR CARRY ON OR CHECKED LUGGAGE AND NOT YOUR PURSE
These days with the size of some purses it IS the carry on luggage. There is room for make-up, lunch, computer, hair products (and depending on the hair that could be quite a collection), body products, snacks...you see where I'm going with this right. Well snacks aren't bad. Everything else nope. Especially toiletries. Now if you are staying at the Four Seasons, the W, or insert hip and trendy boutique hotel you might be in luck. However, if you are staying at the Priceline special, um yeah you are going to need your OWN toiletries.
- You might find that the amount is a little sparse. Perhaps a half a teaspoon of lotion, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. There's that.
- If you are one of the few rare people on this planet that can use DAWN for shower gel, and some sort of paint thinner for lotion with a curious aroma you will be fine.
- If you are like most of us however, the hotel soap and lotion might not last more than an hour or so. Which isn't great for the unexpected unfortunate camera angle in the facebook photo that might make it look like you didn't bother at all.
- Oh and that fabulous hair cut that was almost as much as last months rent that only looks right with the products recommended from the stylist,no you don't have those. The cut, that you got for the trip, and the pics on said cut might look a bit different.
- And those compliments you were looking forward to from wearing your layered Skin Like Butter signature scent, they won't come on this trip. Next time..
BRING A SMALL PURSE
Alright things are getting back to "normal". You've got the flight, hotel, the outfit, 6 vaccines and 4 masks, front row seats, and of course your brand new Birkin 30...yaaaaaas. Noooooooo!!!! Sorry that Birkin or any other large bag is going to get you a big fat no entry to the venue. Post covid only small bags, I mean really small (google the venue of your choice because the sizes may vary) are allowed in. You would have to leave your bag (in some cases permenantly) or not go in. So you may want to make sure you pack that tiny Chanel as well.
LEAVE A SPARE SET OF KEYS WITH A TRUSTED FRIEND OR NEIGHBOR.
If you for some reason are seperated from your purse on your travels you have a huge problem when your plane lands.
- Hopefully you followed tip one because you're going to have to take an Uber to a hotel when you land, and call a locksmith in the morning.
- You might also need to call the car dealer because you did the responsible thing and locked the car before you left right.
Hopefully you followed tip one and are able to call your neighbor and get your keys so you can get home, finish that report, drive to work, and be a star at the meeting after your vacay.
BONUS TIP- Don't leave your purse on the plane
Like yours truly. It was the unexpected.